- I don’t really dig heavy cream, especially whipped cream, I never have… just find it too full on.
- White sugar and me ain’t mates. If I want a break out, or break down (sugar hangover = depressed Lou) a sugar overload will give it to me, toot sweet.
- Yes, they may be delicious, but traditional desserts make me feel like crap. What’s wrong with creating something that is both delicious plus actually nutritionally beneficial?
- 1T tahini
- 1T agave or brown rice syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2t coconut oil
- 2t cacao powder (or regular cocoa)
- Mix everything together, pour into a plastic container or mould lined with glad wrap and freeze.
- 1/2C almond meal
- 1/4C roasted buckwheat groats, ground into flour (or sub in 1/4C oatmeal)
- 1/4t sea salt
- 1T ground flax
- 1/2C raisins
- 1/2t ground cinnamon
- 1/3C pureed banana (basically 1 medium banana, mashed up)
- 2t nut butter
- 1t coconut oil
Combine first 7 ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes or so.
Add in nut butter and coconut oil (melted). Mix well.
Roll teaspoons of dough into balls and then flatten with a fork. Place on a lined baking tray.
The banana flavour comes through nice and strong which I love… having been without bananas for months due to Cyclone Yasi which devastated the banana crops of Queensland, I welcome back affordable bananas with open arms. It got to the point that a single banana was costing around $3 earlier in the year, yeesh.
I’ve been here. It wasn’t as big as I was expecting. Disappointing.
Misty is also digging the addition of banana in his diet – he enjoys them cut into rounds with a dollop of almond butter, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. These cookies are baby friendly, but they do contain nuts, so be aware of any sensitivities to these. Tahini would work in the place of nut butter. The raisins could also be a choking hazard for younger babies. You can omit, or simply chop finely before adding to mix.
I think frozen raisins are my new favourite thing. Little chewy nuggets of sweetie yum yum. I won’t tell you what Viper said they looked like. Stupid Viper.