dummy sucker dough, and some for yo mama
First up, I made some for Misty, as I had a baked sweet potato lurking in the depths of my fridge that needed dealing to.
Dummy Sucker Dough:
- 2 1/2T mashed sweet potato
- 1t tahini
- 2T coconut flour
- 1/8t ground cinnamon
- 2t currants (or any finely chopped dried fruit)
After sampling a few of Misty’s I got food envy, and made some of my own (I didn’t share either, bad Mama)
Yo Mama Na Na Dough:
- 2t peanut butter
- 1t honey (or a few drops of stevia if you are sugar-freeing it)
- Pinch sea salt
- 3/4-1t cacao or cocoa (however strong you like it)
- 1/4t vanilla extract
- 2-2 1/2T coconut flour (depends on the size of your banana)
- 1 small banana
- 1T “bits” – chopped nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, whatever you like (I chucked in some crushed peanuts)
- Mash together everything with a fork. Eat as is, or make into shapes.
- I like little balls. (stop it).
- If you like, freeze them – I highly recommend frozen balls (ha).
This recipe is so quick and easy. Plus raw and vegan to boot (if you use alternate sweetener to honey ie agave, stevia, rice syrup). I’ve tried it with apple puree in place of the banana with cinnamon, sultanas and almond butter and that was kinda awesome too.
These are totally a great mid morning or afternoon nibble… accompanied with a large mug of coffee or tea of course. Caffeine and balls, a match made in heaven, and in my mouth (really, stop it).