Misty Man’s grown up snacks
Misty is fast approaching the one year mark – woah Nelly, where have those first 12 months gone? Change is constant, babies grow and develop so quickly. I am around him all day, every day though, and sometimes I forget that only a few months ago he was a useless blob that could barely focus his eye balls, let alone feed himself.
Now Misty is definitely his own man. He wants to do things for himself, his own way. A determined little beastie with a developing, discerning palette. We have gone a step up from his basic teething rusks these days… it’s time to upgrade to:
Misty’s Roll Ups:
No, not these. How nasty were these things? I remember pining for them as a kid – my wise Mother wouldn’t buy them for us – I got given one by a friend at school, and it pulled my tooth out (the tooth was loose, but yeesh). Can’t understand how they are allowed to be called “Fruit” Roll-ups? The mind boggles.
- Spreads * See below for ideas
- Vegemite and cheese (Be careful with hot cheese, make sure they are completely cool before giving them to a child).
- Almond butter, cinnamon and dried fruit
- Sugar free fruit preserves with coconut
- Mashed pumpkin and tahini
- Peanut butter and mashed banana (Misty is fine with peanuts, but this is a high risk allergen for some children, proceed with caution)
- Home made chocolate tahini spread (am getting around to posting a recipe, it’s amazing!)
- Miso paste
- Pesto (home made) and goats cheese