a surprise inside
Can you guess what’s inside this little gem?
I’ll give you a hint
No, it’s not a sinfully rich cream, butter and sugar concoction (heart attack anyone?)
It actually contain both fruit AND vegetable, if you can believe it.
It can also be served like this: (with Spiced Pumpkin Granola)
It is suitable to feed one of these:
If you can catch him.
Ok, ok it’s:
Sweet Potato Custard
- 3/4C soy milk (dairy/almond/coconut would work)
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2T maple syrup
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1/2t vanilla extract
- 1/3C cooked sweet potato (or pumpkin)
- 1/4t guar gum
- 1/4t sea salt
- Chop up your dates finely, and place in the food processor with maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, sweet potato and sea salt. Use a little of the milk for lubrication and process until smooth.
- Transfer into a small saucepan with the remaining milk.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and add the 1/4t guar gum. Stir until thick.
- Spoon into bowls, either eat warm or let it set into more of a ‘pudding’ in the fridge.
- 1T coconut oil
- 2 1/2 t maple syrup
- 1t organic cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Chopped nuts for sprinkling
- 1/3C sweet potato puree (can sub pumpkin instead)
- 1T nutritional yeast
- 1t tahini
- 1/2 t wholegrain mustard
- 1t apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4T water
- 1/2t lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste